Fort Meade, Maryland
Essential Role and Responsibilities
Senior Systems Architect will provide the overall engineering, design, build, implementation/integration, and operations support of all existing and new Infrastructure. Sr Systems Engineer will also organize and implement the configuration and operation of information management systems. Responsible for coordinating with other system administrators to provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance. Conducts capacity and performance analysis and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations. Increases system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develops system administrator procedures, and conducts system administrator training and skills assessments. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Design’s architectures to include the software to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture. Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
- Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members. Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develops software design documents and technology white papers.
- Instrumental in selection of development tools. Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Engineer messaging systems, Windows Server Enterprise supported by the infrastructure team by performing server builds, virtual machine management, server maintenance, etc.
- Install, maintain, and monitor equipment, which may include network and server infrastructure, application systems and database systems
- Recommend and implement changes to the overall system and messaging environments through following an institutionalized change management process
- Act as an escalation point on critical issues for various internal technology groups.
- Master’s degree and 9 years of experience OR
- Bachelors Degree and 11 years of experience
- Experience in implementing and developing a Windows environment, including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy.
- Experience in designing, implementing, deploying, supporting, maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering Windows Enterprise Services (Servers, email (Exchange), instant messaging (Chat Server, Openfire, Prosody and Chat Client JCHAT, and SWIFT) Web Services (SharePoint)and other communication tools.
- Implement and troubleshoot Microsoft applications in a VMware virtual environment, vCenter and Virtual Machines, Virtual Networking configurations, Hypervisor and Virtual Machine Storage, and VMware Operations Manager.
- Experience with anti-spam, encryption and email tracking, TLS configurations, transport rules, and e-discovery.
- Design and Implementation of Public and Private Key services.
- Developing PowerShell scripts for administration/automation. Specifically for the automation of Day1 - Day 3 Operations automation.
- Can support as a Storage Administrator and implement, design, develop and maintain in a VMware data center.
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.
- Technical lead for large scale projects involving Windows technologies is a plus.
- Cloud and hybrid cloud deployments is a plus.
- Secret Clearance required; TS/SCI preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.