Fort Meade, Maryland
Essential Role and Responsibilities
The ScienceLogic Engineer will work with the ITSM Architect to identify, implement, test, and sustain ScienceLogic SL1 to monitor and automate IT operations for the DEOS program. The Engineer will leverage SL1’s AI/ML capabilities to provide anomaly detection and behavioral correlation and integrate with ServiceNow to automate ticket creation and routing to appropriate teams. As the primary architect and implementer for SL1, you will be trusted to configure and maintain the platform to support multiple government agencies, to help manage the DEOS environment with data-driven automation.
- Writing Event and Alert rules
- Creating custom APIs for legacy components to communicate with ScienceLogic and ServiceNow
- Good knowledge in selecting the Configuration Item Binding in event rules
- Writing Alert correlation rules using scripting
- Support development activities including troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and production environment.
- Actively participate in agile meetings with product and program management
- Brief customers on phone or in person for project kickoffs, progress reviews, or closeouts
- Acts as a high-level technical expert and addresses issues relating to systems integration and compatibility.
- Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
- Estimates size and schedule for software enhancements.
- Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques.
- Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- BA/BS Degree
- 10 years of experience (additional years of experience and/or certifications may be considered in place of education)
- 3+ years managing ScienceLogic
- Experience with ServiceNow
- IAT Level II Certification
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.