Camp Smith, Hawaii
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of systems.
- As required, supports users with completing requests for deployment of new services.
- Maintains system documentation
- Provides desk side support to users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Adheres to the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Maintains/enhances knowledge of related hardware and software.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Will occasionally be required to perform networks, DTS, information assurance and logistics duties.
- May be required to work outside of “normal” work hours to include weekends and holidays.
- May be required to support operations in austere and/or remote locations.
- BA/BS degree – may substitute additional years of experience
- 3+ years of system administration experience required.
- Must have 3 + years’ experience with IT infrastructure services to include DNS, DHCP, and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Experience supporting multinational customers preferred.
- Experience with user, administrative and service account creation and management.
- Experience with direct customer support for both internal and external customers.
- Experience with Server STIGs, patching, Tenable, ACAS, SCCM, and IAVA vulnerabilities.
- Experience with Group Policy, and Windows PowerShell.
- Experience with SolarWinds.
- Experience with the principles, methods, and techniques used in Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, AND2016 administration, troubleshooting and support.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining systems documentation.
- Experience with developing training for both internal and external customers.
- Experience with managing, monitoring and responding to key server infrastructure alerts.
- Experience with SCCM, Exchange, and IDPA technologies.
- Experience with VMWare, Horizon View, and other virtualization technologies.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II (Security+ or equivalent) access to include Microsoft Computing Environment certification.
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.