Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Implementation and Administration of Security Ops, Cisco ASA and Firepower management,Intrusion Detection Systems, and security related activities to secure and harden the CND systems.
- Uses defensive measures and information collected from a variety of sources to identify, analyze,and report events that occur or might occur within the network in order to protect information,information systems, and networks from threats.
- Cisco ASA and Firepower Firewall Administration
- Firewall design and implementation
- Network Tap and Span Aggregation
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems management and implementation
- Splunk log analysis and queries.
- Implementation and administration of 802.1X
- Host Based Security System (HBSS) based Firewall administration, ENS Firewall.
- Review and implement application specific hardening guides and or DISA STIGs on a as neededbasis to best meet security needs.
- Review and update Information System Security Plans (SSP), POAM, Scans, STIGs, SSAA, SRGs,etc.
- Ensure all information systems adhere to IA policy, procedures and structure to develop, implement,and maintain a secure information system.
- Analyzes customer needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Masters Degree
- 9 years experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
- Experience supporting multinational customers preferred.
- Experience with SPLUNK, HBSS, ACAS, MS Windows Server and Redhat.
- Obtain ITIL V4 within 6 months of hire.
- IAT Level II
- Cisco Certified Network Professional with SSNGFW and/or SSFIPS
- CSSP Infrastructure Support access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges
Skills, Knowledge and Competencies
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral communications with customer contracting representatives, Silotech employees, and subcontract/teaming partner contracting organizations.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing efforts between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner. Will work with occasional supervision over repetitive tasks. New duties or project type tasks may receive strict or direct supervision, depending upon the nature of the task(s).
General office environment. Lighting and temperature are adequate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With reasonable accommodation, individual should be capable of performing the essential duties listed above.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Silotech Group is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.